The Arts and More
We believe a broad education in the arts helps give children a better understanding of their world.
- The school features an 8,300 sq. ft. Science, Technology and Fine Arts building.
- Spiraling Art projects revolve around a contemporary or master artist such as Monet, Kandinsky, Pollock, O’Keeffe, Van Gogh and more.
- An Artist-in-Residence program creates collaborative opportunities between professional artists and classes throughout the year.
- Live performance experiences include a vocal choir, violin strings program, dance and drama.
- The all-school Musical performance enables students to discover the world of theater with scores of music from past decades, held in annually in May.
- Physical Education classes are provided daily to enable students to build loco-motor and non-loco motor skills, and manipulative-based movement ability.
- Technology is supported via our 1:1 Chromebook initiative beginning in second grade, digital instructional tools and Internet access in all classrooms. Students also utilize the computer lab to learn basic productivity, including word processing, drawing, spreadsheets, and foundational computer programming concepts, in addition to specialized applications. Web-based multi-media instruction enhances learning at all grade levels.
- The Library Media Center is an inviting facility that enables students to embrace a variety of authors and genre. The St. Gregory Reading Challenge immerses students in a host of literature which provides accelerated growth in reading comprehension and vocabulary skills.